Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm still here!

One may think that I've dropped off the face of the earth...well I haven't! I've been very busy! Tuesday I ran 5 miles at Lake Chabot. Wednesday I worked out in the morning. Thursday I ran 6 miles at Lake Chabot. Friday I slept the hour instead of working out in the morning (much needed) and went to bed very early (around 8pm). I was just completely exhausted from the past couple of weeks and decided that rest was the best thing!
Saturday I got up early and ran with the East Bay FrontRunners. I would have gone over to the city for the AIDS Marathon training group, but I had a choir retreat that started at 9:30. I still ran the 6 miles that were scheduled. It was a very fast 6 miles (8 min/mi). I about gave up at mile 5, but somehow stuck with it. After the retreat a played volleyball for about 2 hours. Lots of fun. The last game was pretty pathetic though. You could tell we were tired!
Sunday I was up early to sing with the church choir and then made my way back to the park and played volleyball with another group (a little more advanced) for a few hours. I had a great time learning how to play 6-on-6. Mrs. Dosser would have been proud of me! I'm not in the net anymore! I was invited to play tonight in Castro Valley. They are an advanced group, so it would be a great learning experience!
Depending on the day, I may run a short 3 miles after work. Tomorrow will be 5 at Lake Chabot.
Fundraising: $2,190 of $3,000 raised. I have until November to raise the last little bit. Since moving the marathon to Miami at the end of January, I'm getting antsy to run a marathon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home