Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Another week, more miles!

Well, the ice bath did help. Sunday I was sore, but I did some IT Band stretches which made a huge difference. I think it may be time to get a sports massage.
Last night I ran at Lake Chabot. I did 5 miles. I forgot my watch (can you believe that!) so I think I did about 43-45 minutes. I was running a little slow. It has been really hot here lately and going up and down hills after running 16 miles, this was more of a recovery run.
Going to see Wicked tonight, so I'm not sure what I'll do for running. I may just run around the neighborhood for 40 minutes (~5 miles).
With the hurricane that hit New Orleans, I wonder if they'll have the marathon in February. My heart goes out to all of those people.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

so when is the marathon your running in?..sorry I am not up on it all..LOL

I workout daily, but I can not run..I try to run at least 10 minutes on my treadmill..but I feel as though I could die when I am done..I do about 45 minutes daily on it..I would love to be able to run..any suggstions on how to become a better runner?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

It is Feb. 5th, 2006 (it was suppose to be in Honolulu Dec. 2005, but I had to switch because of other conflicts.)

Here are some suggestions. (I started to run back in Jan, and almost died the first time!)

Start small add even smaller! Don't think that running only counts if you are running the entire time. The best way to get moving...break it down! Start with walking 2 minutes and then running 1 minute. Do this for one week. The following week, move to 1 minute walking for 1 minute running. Week 3 do 2 minutes running 1 minute walking. 3 minutes running: 1 minute walking.
When you move to the next week if you don't feel like your body can handle running more, DON'T, just stay at the ratio from the previous week. The most important thing to remember is that you are out there doing something!
Also, running doesn't mean that you are sprinting!! :) Go at a pace that you can hold a conversation with taking a few pauses. You shouldn't be panting and out of breath when you are done!

4:19 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i wish ya luck on the run...and thank you for the info..i have acctually started doing just that the other day..starting out small..only way i can do it..lol

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home