Wednesday, September 07, 2005

That was 8 miles....

This past Saturday we ran 8 miles, for some reason I thought it was 7. The run went nice and smooth. After running the 8 miles, I met up with some friends and played volleyball for 2 1/2 hours. Had a great time. Unfortunately these people play Saturday mornings (which of course doesn't work!)
Friday I spent a good 45 minutes at the gym riding bike and lifting light weights. I need to be careful not to add weight. It's helpful to have more muscle up top (and God knows that I've NEVER had much muscle!) but I'm running, not entering a bodybuilding contest! :)
Sunday was a nice rest day. I was fairly wiped out from all of the activity of Saturday.
Monday I decided to go for a hike around Lake Chabot. I run along the west side of the lake a lot of the time, but never have I gone completely around it. So, after about 10 miles and 2 hours 40 minutes later I made it completely around. Some of the trails are pretty steep and are about 3 inches of dry fluffy dirt and sand. Made for a good workout.
Tuesday back to running with 5.2 miles at Lake Chabot. Just an easy out and back. I was running a little slow at 44 minutes but bounced up the hills at a good pace.
Tonight is the last "official" East Bay Frontrunner Wednesday night run. I'm going to try and convince a few people to keep this up (just because I need to run anyways, why not run with people!) Will be at Lake Merritt tonight (6 miles).
Thursday another 6 miles and Saturday is still up in the air. I'm scheduled to run 18 miles. I have a concert that night which I need to be there by 5pm. That gives me several hours to recover, but this run will last about 3 hours. Since I'm not running Honolulu, I don't HAVE to do this, but I really want to do it. I guess I'll see when the time comes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH JUST DO IT!!!

Uhm...for some reason I can not see you as the body builder type - the terminator you are not...well maybe...nope can't see it! LOL

~A

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - check out this site...
www.theatretenor.blogspot.com

He's just starting to run and could use some support.... have a great night!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Lars said...

and here I am :-) Good luck in your marathon! That is unbelievable. Like I said, I'm a very newbie to this running thing, so I could use the support!

I would also like to know more about your concerts. I replied to you on my comments about my being a drama/choir/band geek for 10 years now and continue to do so, so that's great that you do that too!

I'll definately be back everyday to check in.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Lars said...

How COOL that you went to see Wicked! I'm sure it was in SF then and so you saw Eden Espinosa on for Elphaba. You are very fortunate, she is phenomenal. Stephanie J. Block is the Elphaba on tour, but she took a break for all of the SF run.

My wife and I went and saw Wicked in Chicago, went and saw the Chicago sit-down cast, so not the tour. I wrote all about it on my blog from back in July :-D

Sorry! Theatre-geeked out there for a minute. It's my passion, what can I say?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Lars,
I tried responding earlier, but Blogger went down for maintenance.
I sing with the Oakland-East Bay Gay Men's Chorus and a church choir. At work, I sing during the holidays with a chorus there. I was just moved to 2nd tenor. (I stopped smoking about a year ago!)
And yes, Eden Espinosa was Elphaba!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Lars said...

Sweet! She is awesome.

2nd tenor, good for you!! I am a 1st tenor :-) I am in the choir I'm in now and I just finished playing the part of the first tenor in the barbershop quartet for Music Man this summer.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home