Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 2, 28.63 miles



What a day! We got up nice and early today and were going by 5:15am. The first 9 miles flew by very quickly (ok, more like 2 hours), but it didn't seem to take much time. Then things got worse. Semi trucks and more semi trucks!! The blacktop shoulder got smaller and the gravel sloped down steeply. Very steep! My left leg really started to feel it!
There was one point where the was an oversized load semi and another semi going towards each other. The only options was to go into the ditch. Not fun! I think I spent most of my time dodging trucks. It really wore me out.

My mom and my sister's fiancé showed up with 4 miles left. It was nice to see both of them! Though I was really started to feel the road affecting my left leg, I decided with 3 miles left, I was going to walk. My left leg was starting to bother me and I just have to far to go!

Tomorrow looks like it will be another warm one tomorrow (and very humid!)
6am: 72 degrees, 86% humidity
10am: 87 degrees, 70% humidity
1pm: 90 degrees, 67% humidity

At least it will be a little breezy!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Brad! If I had any doubts you were really do this little run thing, the picture told me it was so. Is that a typical Iowa road or what?!? Good luck and stay safe dodging the semi's. I think you should get a break in the weather (just a smidge) later this week.

Happy running!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep going Brad! We are proud of you.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Keep it up Brad, you look strong in that picture. The first next few days may get tough as soreness sets in, but I see you getting into a real groove soon. Don't let those trucks steal your mental energy!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Amy - Yeah, this little run thing is happening! There are certainly moments when I don't think it will though! VERY TYPICAL ROAD!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Thanks Katie! Hope to see all of you on the Fourth.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Steve - Yeah, running up and down the shoulder, dodging trucks takes a lot of work!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go Brad! You are such a good runner! We'll see you in Osage!

RUN STRONG!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home