Wednesday, July 12, 2006

10 days and counting...

Wow, only 10 days until the marathon, 8 days until I leave for Chicago, 0 days before I get all nervous about it all!!

Saturday's long run of 12 miles was hard. I'm not sure what was going on, but it seemed to be a very hard 12 to complete. My Garmin was all messed up, telling me I was going 13min/mi and then 7min/mi. My legs felt tired and going around Lake Merritt 4 times was not exciting!

That evening Johan and I went up to Whiskeytown Lake. We went camping with his family. It was a lot of fun. I only wish that we could have stayed longer. Quickly whisked back to reality!

Only 6 more runs remain until the Marathon (none over 8 miles). I think I've successfully made the switch to my new shoes. I've only gone 20 miles in them, but I think they'll be fine come marathon time. The most difficult part is to get the shoelaces at the right tightness. Usually takes me a few times before they are right.

Now the hard part...not eating like I usually do since I'm running about half as much as I have been!

Keeping healthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home