Tuesday, May 16, 2006

But I want to now!

I keep hearing, "But Daddy, I want an Oompa Loompa! I wanna Oompa Loompa NOW!"

So, I'm starting to get the ultra marathon bug. I've been reading some great blogs and websites (which I'll post soon!) about ultras and I'm really ready to get out there and try one!! I keep reminding myself to not over do it until I finish my marathon in July. We'll see if it holds.

So far this week:
Monday: 4 miles (seemed like I barely got warmed-up before I was done!)
Tuesday: rest (going to the gym to do some lifting)

Happy running everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it, brad! i decided that i wanted to run ultras and i still haven't run my first marathon. it's just something you want to do inside. you can't explain it. you just want to try to accomplish it.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still going to be running the runsfm half? I just came accross your blog today.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Matt-
Once I found out about ultras, that's all that has been on my mind. I think I would have started this year, but I had some marathons that I really wanted to do first.

Chaco-
I'm not sure yet. I will be running a marathon the weekend before, so it depends on how my legs feel. I intend to run full out at this marathon. I have a few friends that will be running the SFM so I'm thinking of doing the second half (because the first half is just TOO EARLY!) as a fun run and enjoying yet another race experience. Plus it was my very first 1/2 marathon I did...would be nice to start a tradition!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home