Friday, March 03, 2006

Holy crap I'm at it again!

That's right! I had such a great time training with the National AIDS Marathon Training Program for the Miami Marathon for most of 2005...I had to do it again! (Plus I had some of my great friends running!)

Ok...here's the deal:

Training starts June 10th, 2006. I will be putting in well over 500 miles (plus an extra marathon July 22nd in Chicago) to train for the Florence Marathon (November 26, 2006).
Since I was able to raise over $3,300 last time, the bar has been raised to $4,000! A cure for AIDS has not be found and services for people living with HIV/AIDS continues to fall short. It is programs like the National AIDS Marathon Training Program that raise the much needed funds! For the Honolulu 2005 & Miami 2006 marathons, over $1.3 million was raised!!

To sweeten the deal, I am making this offer: Donate $50 and receive a ticket to an upcoming Oakland East Bay Gay Men's Chorus concert. (April 29th & 30th, August 26th & 27th or December 9th & 10th) That's a $15 value!! (Plus you get to hear me sing!)

Here's the link: http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=SF-4019&EventCode=FL06

Remember...many corporations offer donation matching! Your gift may be worth TWICE as much!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - was just checking in to see if you updated from today's race and to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Am sure you did great!
~Amy

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home