Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Almost...almost!

As I was walking home yesterday I was running through my schedule in my head. Knowing I wasn't going to run after work, I was thinking of all of the things that I could do before choir practice. Well, it was such a beautiful day...there were so many people out running....I got home and quickly put on my shorts and shoes and ran out the door. Couldn't help myself! I did 6 miles at 7:57 min/mi. I was doing a good job of keeping a 8:30-9 min/mi pace until a guy passed me. No one has passed me for a long time. So, instinctively I kept up with him. After a few minutes, I looked at my Garmin and noticed I was running 7 min/mi. Not what I need to be doing right now. I stopped to tie my shoe and let him get further away. If he was not so close, I wouldn't have this need to catch him and pass. Competitive? Nah...

Revised schedule:
Wednesday (today) No running. Pack, pack and pack.

I've been narrowing down my goal time for the marathon. The weather reports keep changing. I might have to do two sets...one for hot weather, one for cooler weather. Right now (depending on which weather site) Sunday is suppose to be Sunny or T-storms and anywhere from 73 to 80. I guess it depends on how fast this cold front will move through the area.

I should have something up tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck - things will go great!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your email - the kids made a message for you today....~A

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home