Friday, January 13, 2006

16 days to marathon...

Wow, only 16 more days until the marathon.

Tuesday: 6 miles (~46 min)
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 6 miles (~47 min)

I noticed on my run last night that I went out REALLY fast. I was doing about a 6:34 min/mi which is unheard of for me. I was going pretty slow by mile 4, but really kicked in again at the end. I could hear someone behind me and I didn't want to be passed, so I kept up the pace for awhile. When he did pass me, I kept on his heals until he turned onto a different path.

Tomorrow is an easy 8 mile run. It is suppose to be cold and rainy, so the 8 miles could be pretty hard.

Have a great weekend!

Fundraising: $2,340 out of $3,000 raised. Only $660 more to go!!!!

http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=SF-5035&EventCode=MI06

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Did you decide to do the other marathon too???

9:54 AM  
Blogger Will Burrard-Lucas said...

I know what it is like... i'm training for my first marathon and i am constanly getting rained on! That's what i get for living in England!

Good luck with the fundraising and the marathon. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Will (http://www.marathonblog.co.uk)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I'm still undecided. (I actually have the registration website open right now and I'm mulling it over!)

Do you think 5 weeks in between marathons is crazy? I'm not running the second one for time, I'm just running it to run with friends and enjoy Napa Valley.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home