Tuesday, June 27, 2006

And then 6 weeks went by...

Wow,
Amazing how fast time goes by when I'm busy! Since my last post I've done two of my three 20 mile runs. The first one I only made it 19 miles. I ran from the Oakland hills down to Emeryville and then with the EastBay Frontrunners the last several miles. The only problem was I didn't get enough miles in before meeting up with them. I even ran to the restaurant hoping to get enough.
My second "20-mile" run I did with the National AIDS Marathon Training Program (SF Marathon). They had a 23 mile run scheduled and I was asked if I wanted to run it. Since it was going to be my 2nd 20 mile, I thought going 23 miles wouldn't hurt. And it didn't. Mind you I was going a good 1 min/mi slower than what I had planned, but it was a good run...and good company!
This Saturday is my last 20 mile run. After this, time for a 3 week taper until the marathon! I'm not sure where I'm going to run this one. I may go over to the city and run with NAMTP again. The only problem is that they are only going like 8 or 10 miles. I'll just run the course twice!
Amazing that I'm about to run my third marathon of the year. My legs have been a little tired lately, but I think that's because I'm now biking to work. Yep...after my little rant about bicyclist, I now am one (well, the 2 miles to work and home) It's quite the workout some days!

2 Comments:

Blogger MNFirefly said...

Congrads on the completing your three 20 milers. Good luck on the marathon.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Thanks for stopping by! Will be nice to go into a taper soon! My legs have been getting tired!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home