Saturday, July 16, 2005

8 Miles completed! (107 Miles!)

Today was a nice 8 mile run at the Berkeley Marina. Unfortunately there was a huge accident on the freeway that closed down I-80E and some lanes on I-80W. That really had traffic messed up. It took me an extra 45 minutes to get there! They were not able to get the mile markers out because of the bad traffic, we only had the turn-around marker. We did a great job though! We were 2 minutes behind at the turn-around, but made those two minutes up and came in only 3 seconds slow. That is pretty amazing since we did not have any mile markers to help us track our time. Our bodies are starting to get into quite the grove.
Debating whether or not to do the SF 1/2 Marathon on July 31st. I have a week or so to decide. I would trade my July 30th 12 mile long run for the July 31st 1/2 marathon (which is 13.1 miles).
I'm also thinking of a 1/2 marathon October 8th. My aunt is getting married at Lake Tahoe, and there just happens to be a marathon going on that weekend!! I need to run 10 miles that day, so I might just add an extra 3.1 miles!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO IT....

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm - 13.1, not 12.1. just saying...

1:08 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Yeah, I would look pretty stupid stopping one mile before the finish line!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm....yea - complete the race...silly guy! BTW - walking at 5:30 in the morning sucks...but i am still doing it - although not this morning - had a slight headache (read post).

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home