Thursday, June 23, 2005

This Saturday 5 miles! (29 miles total)

This Saturday is our 5 mile run. Slowly the miles are building! Last night I ran with EBFRW and did 4 slow miles. This is exactly what I needed. Sometimes I get disappointed with my time if it is too slow, but with my ankle still sore, I really needed to take it slow. I need to be more consistent with icing it at night. That seems to help a lot.
Donations have come to a screeching halt! I'm hoping it's because the office is overwhelmed with donations and are taking a long time to process. I still have a long ways to go!!

1 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

Want a free PT tip? Take a styrofoam coffee cup (or paper) and fill 3/4 with water, place in the freezer, once frozen, peel back the cup, rub ice on ankle until the skin is BRIGHT PINK (think - ME in the sun for 15 minutes)...it's really really cold - (The cup enables you to hold on to the ice without freezing your hands!)but it does help "drive" the cold of the ice into the tissue, and it helps reduce the swelling and inflammation ~ trust me, we use it on our "track stars". Keep working at it...you can do it...I'm proud of you!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home