Saturday, June 11, 2005

First day! 3 Miles

Here I am, the first day of training. I got NOOOO sleep last night. I didn't fall asleep until 12:30am and woke up during the night constantly. I finally got out of bed by 5:30am.
I guessed my pace group to be about 8-9 minute mile. So, I was with the first 10 that went out. We ran fairly fast. It was very sunny and pretty warm (upper 60's). At the turnaround point, I took a little fall, but caught myself from totally wiping out! A group of 6 of us ran together (I stayed in the back and let them set the pace.) We finished in about 22:09. That's a 7:24/mi pace, which I thought was fast for me, but I actually didn't have any problems doing it. So, the first pace group our coach put us in was "Bill Rodgers" at 8:30/mi, but then decided to bump us together with the other group (since there was only one of him!) to 9:00/mi. Actually, I think the 9/mi will be a better pace for me anyways! Plus we'll be doing 6:1 or 7:1 run/walk ratio. Run 6 minutes, walk 1 minute. I certainly did better than what I first thought! I figured if I got into the 10 minute group, I would very happy. I'm in the fastest group!! Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

Congrats on being in the fastest group ! Keep doing a great job - had a long long busy busy weekend...glad work week is here so I can relax.. ha ha! Have a good one!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home