Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Do I know the meaning of "taking a break?"

Nope, don't think I do!

I was at the Frontrunner's Saturday morning run, and I went up to Don to see which marathon he was running this weekend. He was up to 4 marathons in 5 weeks (or something like that). He mentioned that he was doing Silicon Valley the next day. He said that the registration was still open, but I'd have to go down that day to sign up. What?? What do you mean, if I want to register? I'm on a break...right?

Yeah, I guess a break from ultras. Long story short, I ran the 1/2 marathon the next day. Ocean Beach Jeff came and ran with me. What's funny is that just on a whim, I do this, and just on a whim, I happen to get a PR. I've only run 1/2 marathon once before, but I was also training for a marathon during that time (aka I was faster.) I broke my personal record by 7 minutes, 14 seconds.

My goal was just to come in under 2 hours. I just did Whiskeytown 50k the week before and my left ankle was a little sore (I had twisted it...again).

Silicon Valley Half-Marathon 2007:
1:48:20
overall: 123 out of 887
25-29 Male: 15 out of 70
Male: 103 out of 452
Pace: 8:16 min/mi

I think I've redeemed myself from the EBFRW 10k run!

I will have to say, it was hard to run only a 1/2 when there was a full marathon to be done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Hawkinson said...

Yes, I have come to the same conclusion. Why sign up for a 5k when they have a 10k? Why sign up for a 10k when they have a half marathon? Why sign up for a half if they have a full? I fall for it every time.

A half marathon PR after a 50k they weekend before... Impressive...

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home