Monday, October 22, 2007

Finally running again!


Jeff J. & I coming down the hill into the turnaround aid station at Firetrails

I went for a 5 mile trail run tonight. I've been pretty nervous about how my leg and ankle have been feeling lately. I went from barely walking last week to now running a decent speed for 5 miles. Looks like I still have youth on my side! I think it also helped that I spent over a week off from running.

Lots of life happening at the moment. Seems like there is barely a moment to catch my breath before the next thing needs attention.

This week is Whiskeytown 50k. Taking it real easy and giving myself permission to DNF to save my foot if necessary!

Thanks Jeff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Good deal on the running and taking a full week off is definitely something lots of us need to do more often. I have done very little running since Firetrails and just working on getting my foot feeling up to 100% before Javalina. I'm not giving myself permission to DNF ;-)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I think Javalina will be on my list for next year. Seems like everyone and their brother is running it!

Yeah...I say I give myself permission for a DNF, but I don't think I could let myself do that. Even if I have to limp the entire way...I'll finish.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home