Friday, September 28, 2007

Running again

I went for a nice and easy (a little hilly) 2.2 mile "run" last night. Not very fast, maybe 11-12 min/mi pace. I left the watch and Garmin at home. I didn't want to get distracted by gadgets and gave all my attention to my body.

My blisters are healing, my aches are fading. Saturday will be my first time back running any significant distance, hopefully 5-7 miles. Still nice and slow and paying close attention to how I feel.

Still working on my RDL report. Seems like once one race is done, mentally I've moved onto the next race.

I've signed up for yet another race, Whiskeytown 50k. Takes place on Oct. 27th. Still contemplating Helen Klein 50K or M. Maybe I'll do a wait and see until after Whiskeytown. Next up is Dick Collins Firetrails 50 Mile on October 13 and then the next day, the East Bay Frontrunners 10k Pride Run. Will not be breaking any 10k PRs that day!

Getting my WS100 application in the mail shortly. Will this be the year? Will I be a two-time loser?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home