Monday, October 15, 2007

Two races, one weekend?

Yep...so I might not be the smartest cookie in the jar, but I have a lot of fun!

Saturday, Dick Collins Firetrails 50 Mile: 10:54:04
Sunday, EastBay Frontrunners Pride Run 10k: 1:01:xx

I probably shouldn't have run the 10k the next day...I guess I didn't learn my lesson from last year! I was limping along the entire way for my new Personal Worst time for a 10k...1 hour and 1 minute! I came in last place! I really wanted to quit after the first 100 yards, but as I rounded the start/finish line starting lap 2, I decided I would rather be DFL than DNF. I've never had a DNF yet, though I might have a DNS for Whiskeytown in two weeks!

My left leg around my ankle is pretty swollen and I'm limping pretty good today. If the swelling doesn't go down today, I'll make a doctor's appointment. I hate doctors.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Johnston said...

As the penultimate DFL, I'm glad you finished! Take care of that ankle. I thought our time for FT was 10:53?? QUTR rule!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Hmmm...that's true. You should be thanking me that I finished so you weren't DFL! ;)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Kent said...

Are you going to write a post-race report for Dick Collins 50-miler? How else are all of us closet ultra-marathoners in trainers going to live vicariously through you. Nice one in completing the 10k even though you didn't have close to ideal circumstances.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Marathon Man said...

I hope your ankle gets better for Whiskeytown! Don't sweat it running your worse 10k. Golden Hills was my worse marathon (7:21:22) YIKES!!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Kent,
I almost wrote something last night, but I pretty much zoned out once I got home from work. I promise to write something!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Don,
Golden Hills was your best Trail marathon time! Something you'll see as you continue to run trails is that each race is different and is sometimes hard to compare to other races.

I ended up getting a huge blood blister on the tip of my toe from that 10k! I HATE PAVEMENT!!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you are true to the motto on top of your blog...run, eat, sleep, repeat! There is something sane about being consistent, even if it hurts.

BTW, did Scott catch up with you. He is finishing his run across Nebraska and I pointed him your way for some advice.
http://www.teamgiddings.com/landmarkrun/archives/85

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home