Monday, October 01, 2007

Back and running

Had a great 5.3 mile run on Saturday morning with the East Bay Frontrunners. Ocean Beach Jeff came out to enjoy a nice recovery run with me. We had so much to talk about. It was mostly about Rio del Lago 100 Mile, but also about the upcoming races, including the Ocean Beach 50k which Jeff has been creating the past few weeks. It sounds like it's going to be an awesome run. He's even going to have T-shirts! I wish I was that organized for my Afraid of the Dark run. Next year...next year I'll have shirts!
If anyone is interested, the Ocean Beach 50k will be held Sunday, Dec. 16th @ 7:30am, right at Ocean Beach. Limited aid (unless we can find some volunteers??), but the price is right...FREE! It is limited to 12 people though. Send me an email if you want more information. We'll be going across the Golden Gate Bridge...how fun is that!
I went for a 5 mile run tonight on the trails. It's getting dark pretty quickly these days. By 7pm, it was getting a little harder to see when the trees covered the trail. Then the noises started. Running along the trail...at dusk, you start to hear every noise amplified. At least I do. I try to tell myself that it's just a bird, or a squirrel...NOT a mountain lion. I know it's possible and not probable. Tonight I heard something that was much larger than a bird. I turned towards the noise and grunted and hollered with my arms up in the air...I could sort of see through the brush that it was a deer. I must have done a good "Raise your arms, make lots of noise, scare the mountain lion" act. That deer took off pretty quick!
This Wednesday will be a ~12 mile run and then Saturday a 20 mile run in the Marin Headlands with Buzz, Eldrith, and Jeff. Then back into a short taper for the Dick Collins Firetrails 50 Mile on October 13th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home