Sunday, August 05, 2007

Off to the trails

Getting ready to go run Skyline 50k. Funny how after a year I'm still all nervous. I've been up since 4am, even though I could have easily slept until 5. Feeling a little stiff this morning, but I think the energy of the race will loosen my legs right up. Amazing how the energy at a start line can really invigorate me. I usually need to watch that I don't go out to fast though. It is easy to get caught up in the excitement.
Plans for today:
Remind myself this is a training run. I'm not out to get a new PR. I haven't been training on hills all that much and need to take it easy and build up to Rio Del Lago 100!
Practice what I learned yesterday at the Chi Running workshop. It made a lot of sense so time to practice. I will practice keeping good posture, keeping my legs behind me and keep a constant cadence.
Remember to stay well hydrated. It's suppose to be fairly cool out so, but sometimes the sun can really heat up some of the valleys.
Have fun! Isn't that what it's all about!?!
Off to the races!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Have a great race! Just take it easy at the start and it will all kick in quicker than you think. The body remembers even if the mind does not.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

The body does remember everything...especially some of those hills!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home