Friday, July 13, 2007

When did running 6 miles get hard??

Oh yeah, when I'm running them 4-5 min/mi faster than my usual snail pace! I had a great run on Wednesday with the Jeff, the President of the Eastbay Frontrunners. It's been a long time since I've run at my "marathon pace". At one time I was running short distances at 7:30-8:30 min/mi with no problems. I was always challenging myself to run faster and faster.

Now I find myself slowing down, but going much longer distances. I guess I'm really becoming an ultramarathoner. It's funny how after two marathons, I still didn't see myself as a marathoner or even a "real" runner. Since then, I have run about 7 ultras and now across the state of Iowa and I'm now thinking I might be an ultramarathoner. It's funny how my past can play such a big part of my view of my world and my future.

Maybe it's ok to call myself a runner now?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum...I think you have passed the final test a few weeks ago - did you not get your official running membership packet in the mail notifiying you that you are now officially a (crazy) runner? :}

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know - I've stolen the pics on the blog and put them in our family web along with pics from Mom....email if you have questions.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home