Thursday, July 26, 2007

Run Across Iowa 2008??

Is RAI 2008 a possibility?? Maybe!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/user_profile?username=bniess

Look at the RAI 2008 runs. I'm thinking ~50 miles/day for 6 days. The route would be along the Iowa/Minnesota border, starting for the western border of Iowa to the Mississippi River on the east side.

If I don't "win" the lottery for Western States 100 Mile for 2008, the plan is to run this starting June 29th through July 4th. If I win, then the run will be moved to August or September 2008.

With this run in it's early stages, I'm planning on running this for charity. Do you have a charity that's special to you?

50 miles/day for 6 days during the humid heat of summer in Iowa...sound like fun? Want to run it? Email me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back in the swing of things (your posts) and love seeing the pictures! I have goosebumps thinking about a RAI in 2008. I won't be there every step of the way - I am not an ultra runner - but I will give some thought on how Tom and I can lend a hand. You know, RAGRBRAI is wrapping up in a few days - I bet there is some way to combine the fun of RAGRBRAI with the joy of running. Hum.... I have been reading about quite a few relay races across some states...

7:50 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I would like to run RAGBRAI some year. I think once the mileage is down to 350-400 miles, then I'll be able to attempt it. My sister, Amy, had a bunch of people stay at her house last night in Independence, IA.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Sounds like someone has been bitten by the multi-day bug! By the way, I liked seeing the pictures. I hadn't seen your crew shirts before. Very funny.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great crew stay with us. A TV sports reporter who has rode RAGBRAI for several years, his camera guy, and a group based out of PA... Wish I could have been home more to enjoy them. The crew we had at our office was also great - they were based out of the Chicago area - two 13 yr old girls rode for the first time and were loving it!

~Amy (the sister)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home