Thursday, August 23, 2007

News article on Headlands 50k

As I was reading through this mornings Ultra List email, I clicked on a news link about the upcoming Headlands 50k.

http://www.runnersweb.com/running/news/rw_news_20070823_USA_50K.html

Since this race is the 2007 USA 50 Kilometer Trail Championship, it's given more press than other races. In the article, they talk about potential winners of the females and males. Well, oh my God! if I didn't see my name appear. Now, I know why it's there, but reading the article, it actually appears that I have a chance of winning the race. (Which is not going to happen...unless everyone else gets hurt or completely lost!) The reason why it's there, is because I'm currently in 1st place in the 29 and under, 2007 PA/USATF Ultrarunning Grand Prix.

Still cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Very cool Brad. Enjoy being in the under-29 crowd while you can, the competition in the 30-39 division is a little steeper. Still, I think you can take that Omine kid :-).

9:33 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I love the under 29 crowd...all 8 of us!!

I think the only way I could take on Chikara is if he didn't show up!

Btw, thanks for posting prep info about HH. I just ordered the flashlight from ZombieRunners.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Tri+Umph said...

Brad, I found your blog through Tom's and find it a very good read. I'm planning to start ultras next year, I'm sure I'll be a repeat customer for you.

Good luck with the 100!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home