Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And things come together

One month. Wow, 1 month before I attempt my first 100 miler. Seems quite daunting but not impossible. I remember back in June when I thought about the upcoming Run Across Iowa, "What the hell am I getting myself into. I'm never going to be able to do this!"
Well, It has been two months since I was nervously lying down in a motel in Sioux Falls, SD, looking up at the ceiling thinking...holy crap, no turning back now. Amazing how quickly I have achieved goals I never thought were possible and here I am one month from achieving yet another goal. (And isn't it interesting that the goals quickly become larger and harder than the previous one??)
I started feeling the pressure of getting things together for RDL 100 when I was asked if I still needed crew members. Huh? Crew..pacers...drop bags...hotel rooms...oh no! I had been procrastinating as much as I could, but realized I had to get things in order and quickly!
Happy to report that the hotel room has been reserved, two pacers have been found and confirmed (Thanks Paula & Don!!), crew is almost there, and drop bags...well, I need to do a little research about what should go in them. Still a few items to purchase, shoes for starters. But, everything is coming together and I am feeling pretty good about it.

Now, time to refocus my thoughts to Sunday's upcoming run, Headlands 50k. Scary looking hills.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dane said...

Good luck on both!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Brad, your going to have a blast in your first 100. I know I really enjoyed mine...so much in fact that I've already singed up for my second one :->. Have fun at the 50K this weekend!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Which 100 did you sign up for?

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home