Tuesday, July 18, 2006

3 down, 8 to go

Everyone enjoying the heat?? One great thing about living in Oakland, it gets hot...but not that hot!! 83 degrees is warm, but nothing like 100!!

Ran a nice 3 miles around Lake Merritt last night. I kept slowing myself down. Today I'm really feeling the effects of the taper. I feel really antsy and want to go out and run. I think that's a good sign. I was worried that my legs were too tired, but as long as I keep the next two runs at a slow pace, I think I'll really be ready to go on Saturday!

I've been a little nervous about everything to do with the marathon (anyone around me can tell you that), but I think things are starting to fall into place. My cousin, WHO IS THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON IN THE WORLD, has opened her doors to Johan and me, plus my sister and her friend, plus another friend of mine who is coming up from Southern Illinois. We are going to have a great time!

There is still a few issues that need to be resolved. The "revised" course map has yet to be posted. I have a bad feeling that it won't be posted until the day before. I have a feeling that the course is still NOT certified. I have a feeling that the Aid stations won't be fully stocked and will run out of water/gatorade and food. They've had a long time to prepare and it appears that they don't have their act together. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!!

Another weather update??
High: 71
Low: 59

Can it be true!!!! From what everyone is saying, it is unbearable there right now, yet on Saturday it's only going to get up to 71!! This could be the most ideal weather I have ever run in!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

71!!! You are so lucky. I am officially jealous.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

But, it is still a few days away. The weather can drastically change! (But keep your fingers crossed!)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Catra said...

Brad-
I see you're thinking of running American River 50m next year. Good choice for your first 50m. hey when I get back from My Sierra 601 mile journey lets hook up for a trail run on my favorite trail the Ohlone.
Cheers,
Catra

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting...this weekend!!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

This is awesome! Have fun -- and, yes, trust me, the weather can totally change that much in 3 days.
Or 3 hours.

Have a great time. I am rooting for you! (Oh, and I'm jealous -- did I mention that part?)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Catra- OK! I am such a runner geek...when I saw your comment, I got the biggest smile on my face like the most famous person in the world just said they wanted to run with me. (Even more than Dean K.!)

Thanks Angie! Hope your recovery is going well!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

tFR- Be jealous...be very jealous!
Thanks for the support. I think what people don't know is that comments like this actually do help while out on the road!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Stupid Blogger making my comments disappear!

FR- Be jealous...be very jealous!
Thanks for the support. I think what people don't know is that comments like this actually do help while out on the road!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home