Wednesday, May 02, 2007

10 days...err 9 days until QuickSilver

Wow, when I first started to write this post, I thought I had 11 days until Quicksilver. Then I thought I corrected myself with 10 days...and then realized today is pretty much over!

Well, training is not what I thought it would be. I just put on two concerts this past weekend and held the wrap party at my place. That doesn't allow for much running. But I did find that I'm a couple of minutes away from Chabot & Redwood parks! This is awesome. I'll be a trail runner yet!

Had a pretty good run tonight on the trails. I'm getting stronger on the ups and noticed some pain going down. Need to get on that foam roller twice a day!

Happy Trails!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Brad, perhaps those concerts count as lung strengthening exercises :-).
Your gonna do fine and I'm sure the weather will be better than it was at the AR50! It must be very cool to be so close to Chabot and Redwood, those are two of my favorite parks to run in. Much prettier than Mission Peak (though not as good training to slog up steep, exposed fire roads).

9:51 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I'm hoping it won't be too hot. I've heard that's the killer down there!
It is really nice to be close to these parks. There also a little park called Leona Canyon Open Space about a mile up the road. Provides a pretty good constant uphill run. We are very lucky to have the East Bay Regional Park system!!
Good luck this weekend!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home