Saturday, March 17, 2007

23 miles :)

Yay! I did 23 miles today. I did the first ~7.5 miles with the EastBay Frontrunners and then the rest by myself. Up and down and around the Berkeley/Emeryville Marinas. Stop twice to get something to eat. Took about 4 hours 15 minutes. Not too bad. I really only had planned to do 20, but then 26 sounded like a good number. My right knee started to give me some pain so I stopped at 23. Plus my car was right there, so that was another good excuse.
I'm DEAD TIRED, but feel very confident that I'll be able to do the 50k on the 31st. Johan wants me to go skiing next weekend, but I just can't risk straining anything the week before! I'll go up to Tahoe and maybe do a little trail running.

Happy Trails!
Brad

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Ansell said...

Congrats!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Thanks!
I really needed to do that mileage to let myself know that it was still possible.

1:33 PM  
Blogger MissAllycat said...

Good call on not skiing. I went skiing two weeks ago...and tore my ACL. So now Grandma's marathon (June 16) is out and knee surgery is in. :(

--allison

11:23 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Oh...that really sucks! Sorry to hear that!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home