Friday, October 13, 2006

Recovery...yeah right!

Ok, last night I went out for my first run since the 50 miles. 6 miles around Lake Merritt at a "relaxed" pace. About 9:30 to 10 min/mi. Everything went pretty well. I was feeling pretty good about everything. I noticed that I just didn't have much kick, but then again, I just ran 50 miles so I wasn't worried at all about it.
After running, I noticed some pain in my left hip. By the time I took a shower and was getting ready to go to dinner, I was in more pain. Going down the stairs, no problem. Going up...problem. Walked down to Grand Avenue and had some Sushi and on the way back up the hill to my place, it got worse...quickly worse! I had to stop and rest. It felt like I just didn't have any power in my hip to lift my leg to get up the hill. Was not happy about that! Plus I'm pretty stubborn, so I really didn't want to stop either! (I get that from my dad!)
Well, I made it up to the apartment and used my foam roller for about 10 minutes on it and then ice for about 20 minutes. I'll going to see if my friend Tony can do some massage on the area. I have a feeling it's my hip flexors. They have always been a little tight and not as strong as they should be. Tony has shown me exercises to do to strengthen them (but I'm sooo bad!) I also think it's my IT Band that needs a little working on too. Hopefully he'll be able to come over tonight and give me a leg a good work through.
I'm planning on climbing Mt. Diablo tomorrow morning with Johan (he's been after me to go hiking with him for some time now, and I'm always busy running, or he's busy working!)
Sunday is the East Bay Frontrunners 5k/10k Second Annual Pride Run. I was going to volunteer, but I was told they have plenty of volunteers, they need runners. So, I guess I'll be running Sunday morning if I hold together! Only a 10k, so maybe I'll have a new personal worst!! :) If you want to run, shoot me an email and I'll give you the details. Also at http://www.eastbayfrontrunners.org (again, html skills out the window this morning!)

Safe running everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you go for sushi around the lake?

i've been to mijori (sp?)
pretty good, i thought

12:18 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Yes, I've been there a few times, though it is always packed. I walk down the street a little further to...hmmm, can't remember the name. It's a sushi boat place. The prices are pretty reasonable and the people are really nice.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home