Friday, August 18, 2006

Another 50k??

Well, yesterday I received an email from one of the guys in one of my many running groups. He was gathering people to run a 50k trail run up and around the Berkeley hills. Well, after some thinking and talking it over with Johan, I will be attempting yet another 50k tomorrow morning!! Wooo Hooo!!!

This will be different because it's not a "race". Just people getting together to run. That also means no aid stations. Only water fountains along the paths. Will be a new experience to be self-sufficient for that long of a run. Good thing I have my Camelbak!

And looky here! http://www.pausatf.org/data/2006/umstandm2006.html
I'm #2 in the Open Men 29 and under group!! Ok, so there is only 3 of us, blah, blah, blah, but I think this is the coolest thing! I wanted to do another Ultra that is part of this series, but right now the next one is on the same day as my concert (http://www.oebgmc.org). Don't think running 50k then singing all night long mixes well. (Maybe next year!)

And here is a link to Pacific Striders (one of the groups I belong to) Ultra page. I'm in the photo gallery! This picture is from the Skyline 50k trail run from 12 days ago. (And I was worried about running 2 marathons within 5 weeks of each other!)

http://pacificstriders.org/Coppermine/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=4

My html skills, as you can see, are absent this afternoon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, another one? sweet! don't get hurt and have fun!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Oh yes...another one!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Pomona Kitchen Renovations said...

Appreciate you blogging thiss

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home