Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weather forecaster as accurate as...

Baseball players. You know how baseball players are considered good when they hit the ball 30% of the time? I think weather forecasters are the same. As long as they are in a certain range, then all is good.
Now the temps for Saturday are to be 77 degrees. Maybe I should just not look at it and just be at peace that I have NO control over the weather, whatsoever!
Speaking of weather, it has turned humid here in the Bay Area. This just might be a little gift for my second-to-last run. A little preview of what weather will be like!
Tonight is 5 miles, 3 of those at a 7:19 pace. We'll see if I'll get that fast. I'm starting to listen more to my body than my schedule!
My friend Jeff Holman placed 107 out of 299 in the 5k. I forget his time, but I think his pace was around 7:39. Looks like they had a pretty fast group running. I'm hoping all of those fast 29 and under types are only there for the 5k/10k races!! :)

Mantra for today, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday: Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fussing over the weather is part of the ritual! ;)

what else are you going to do while tapering.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Your right Angie! What else would I be doing...oh that's right...fuss about what to bring!!

Time to go pack!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh my god, Angie is so right! All that nervous energy can either be spent worrying about the weather or driving your loved ones nuts.
Or both.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home