Friday, August 04, 2006

Oh that's why...

"A study from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, in Bethesda, Maryland, found that exercisers felt tired, irritable, sad, and self-critical after two weeks of forced inactivity. Those with the highest fitness levels had the biggest drop in mood. Source: Psychosomatic Medicine" - August Runners World (Thank you Angie for finding this!!)

So, that's why I've been moody and not always fun to be around for the past month! This Saturday will be the return to my "normal" running schedule. (Except for the possibility of running the 50k on Sunday.)

Wednesday was a fun 5 miles in the hills around my place. It felt really good to get out there do something. Time to get exercising again!!

Saturday is an easy 5 mile (recover week) with the AIDS marathon people.

Happy running!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, my gut says you're gonna run the 50k...

7:07 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

You are SOOOO right!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Erick said...

Really enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work! I'm running my first marathon this December in Honolulu and also training with the NAMTP. I soooo get moody and sore the 2nd day after my long runs. Thought it was just me! Anyhow, thank you for your inspirational and informative writing.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home