Friday, February 01, 2008

Getting sick, Getting better

After a great race in New Mexico, I came down with a sore throat, sinus infection, a cough and overall yuckiness. Plus, it's been very cold and rainy in the Bay Area. It feels more like I'm back in the Midwest than here in "Sunny California". Needless to say, I haven't been able to do much running these past two weeks. Seven days off (and I had to miss the Fremont Fat Ass 50k!) and then only two days of running. I felt good on the runs, but it's nowhere near what I was hoping I would be doing about now.

It's been two days now that I'm finally feeling better. Not only was I sick, but I was also having problems falling asleep. Lots of different stresses in my life at the moment, and I think I was letting them get to me. Last night was the first night that I actually went to sleep before 1AM!

I hit a slump, but now am climbing back up. Tomorrow is the Woodside 50k. I'm not really in shape to be doing 31 miles, but I'll just take it slow and assess my fitness. Then, if I can stay well long enough, I'm back on schedule for BIGHORN 100! I just signed up today. There's always a rush of adrenaline that flows through my body when I sign up for a race. When I sign up for a 100 miler, the adrenaline REALLY starts to flow! Anxiety, excitement...it's all there!

Happy Trails & stay dry!

1 Comments:

Blogger nwgdc said...

just get healthy first! you've got a LOT of races listed this year, so don't wear down too much too early! great race report!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home