Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekly running

After a really sore IT Band coming down from Half Dome, I re-thought my decision to run Mt. Diablo 50k on June 2nd. It's probably not the best thing for me to do considering I'll be running 300+ miles in under 4 weeks!!! (Holy Crap, 4 weeks!)

Instead, this past weekend I ran 8 mile trails with the EB Frontrunners (Sat. morning), then 6 miles around Lake Merritt that afternoon. Sunday I ran to Hayward for another 11 miles. I took Monday off and am planning another 3-6 miles tonight after work and then, hopefully a 10+ mile run Wednesday.

If all goes well, I plan on running back-to-back 20+ mile runs this weekend. Slow is the name of the game with these runs. I need to quickly train myself to go out slow and stay slow, around 12 min/mi.

All of my miles will be on mostly flat ground, which Iowa is mostly. It's also giving my ITB a break for the downhill.

I printed out all of daily maps for the Run Across Iowa. I've mapped all of the Aid Stations along with mile markers. Liz is going to be very busy taking care of me!

RAI 2007 is getting closer!

Happy Running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home