Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bay to Breakers

I'm registered! This will be my first big race. The Lake Merritt race had only 23 runners in the 10k. I think B2B has over 30-40k runners. It is 12k (about 7.5 miles). I hope to finish in about 1 1/4 hours. There is a huge hill that has been known to just about kill people. I want to get there sort of early, so I can get a good position, nothing like spending 10-15 minutes just getting to the start line! I'm not sure how it works, I know the Honolulu Marathon uses electronic chips to track progess, I have a feeling B2B isn't that high tech. When you cross the finish line, that's your time, regardless of when you actually passed the start line. I don't know, we'll see.
This will also be close to the longest distance I've ever ran. When I sprained my ankle I had gone about 8.25 to 8.5 miles and my last long run was 7 (or 7.5) miles. It will be a good lesson in pacing!!

Last night I took it easy on the running, 1 mile. I did run fast though, 7:53 (which is my fastest recorded time for a mile). Hopefully a year from now (or six months) I'll be running 7:53 as a normal mile! Spent time lifting weights. I've definately noticed I have been focused on running, not weightlifting! I could only do 2 rounds, and I was done.
Plan to do 30-45 minutes tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home